Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Review: Beyond Reach (Grant County, #6)

Author: Karin Slaughter
Started reading: January 3rd 2017
Finished the book: January 11th 2017
Pages: 427
Short review: Detective/thriller, great plot twists, want to keep reading, so much feelings.. THIS ENDING
Published: July 31st 2007
Source: Bought the book
Hearts: 
❤❤❤❤


Characters:
This book continues the lives of Sara, Jeffrey and Lena as the 3 main characters of the Grant County series. I don't want to spoil too much about the whole series. In this book you get to know more about Lena and the book mainly evolves around her past and the town she grew up in. Lena is in BIG trouble (as usual) in this book and Sara and Jeffrey try to find out what happened. This book is the last one in the Grant County series, so the ending of this book is the last bit you will read about these characters for a while. Karin Slaughter chose a shocking ending...

World-building:
This book evolves around the world of meth-addicted people, mixed up with the members of a racist white-power group. The story mainly takes place in Lena's place of birth. Weird things are going on in this town.

Story-line:
The story starts with a car burning out with a body in it. Next to the car is Lena Adams, one of the main characters in the Grant County series. Jeffrey, her boss, get's a call that she is arrested, because she refuses to talk to anybody. Jeffrey is taking Sara with him to this little town to figure out what is going on. Sara is asked to do the autopsy and she accepts, so both she and Jeffrey get involved in Lena's problems.

Plot-twists:
Karin Slaughter is a BOSS when it comes to ending the chapters with a cliffhanger. This keeps me reading. And I gotta tell you, the ending of this book is one big plot twist/cliffhanger... It tears me up! I can not believe that Karin chose to end the Grant County series the way she did.. I feel like I REALLY need another book right now, to get me some answers...

So:
The Grant County series is a great series to read. I highly reccomend you start with Blindsighted; book #1.
Beyond Reach is an ending you can expect from the Queen of Thrillers; Karin Slaughter. I gave the book 5 hearts, because the ending shocked me!

Goodreads Review:
Review Beyond Reach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I love to discuss books and anything else!

~ Esther