Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Goodreads Booktag

Hi there! I've always wanted to do a Book Tag on my Blog. Haven't posted since Sunday and I have a busy week, so I thought it would be nice to post something today! I have no idea who started the Goodreads Book Tag, let me know if you deserve the credits.

Goodreads is my favorite book platform EVER. I take a look multiple times a day and I also have the app. I've made several shelves and have been listing my books since 2015 over there.

This is the Goodreads Book Tag. Here we go!


1) What was the last book you marked as "read"?
If you follow my Blog regularly, you have probably seen that Someone Else's Summer was my last review. This is the last book I've also marked as "read" on Goodreads, since I always review the books I've read here on my blog.

2) What are you currently reading?
This is a big list! I'm currently reading 5 books. 2 are Buddyreads (Fifty Shades Freed and Sherlock Holmes) and 1 is a re-read (Harry Potter #1). Another one is a requested review (Letting Go) and the last one is professional literature (Pedagogische Tact). 
   
 

3) What was the last book you marked as TBR?
I have a pretty big list that is marked as TBR. 379 books and counting! The last book I've added is Vigilante by Kady Cross. I've read a nice review about this book and was curious about it.

4) What do you plan to read next?
I have a couple of books I want to read next. I still want to reach the third Calendar Girl; March. I want to read Gemina and I also want to read How to Find Love in a Bookstore. You can definitely expect the reviews for these books in the next couple of weeks!
  

5) Do you use the star rating system?
Yes! I use apples on my blog and I use stars on Goodreads. I'm not using half stars, I really stick to the 1 to 5 whole stars. This also helps me to compare books (even though that is impossible sometimes). And it helps to figure out what were real favorites.

6) Are you doing a 2017 reading challenge?
Absolutely! My challenge is set to 70 books this year and I'm ahead with 5 books right now. You can click the logo to see my current reading challenge.

7) Do you have a wishlist?
How much time do you have? I'm a real bookjunkie and I want the books that are favorites as physical books on my shelf. I'm also that person that wants to buy the series with the same covers. So my wishlist is never-ending...

8) What book do you plan to buy next?
That is definitely gonna be A Court of Wings and Ruin or Scarlet, the second book in the Lunar Chronicles series. Both books have beautiful covers by the way..
 

9) Do you have any favourite quotes?
I always list my quotes when I have a favorite from a book, so it's a pretty long list. I'll randomly pick 3 and post them for you;

"The kiss is sweeter than sin and fiercer than temptation. I am not gentle, I am not kind; I am rough and wild and savage."
- S. Jae-Jones, Wintersong

"Practice love, compassion and forgiveness. Anger is nothing but an anchor that keeps you from moving forward."
- Abby Fabiaschi, I Liked My Life

"Happy and sad, elated and miserable, secure and afraid, loved and denied, patient and angry, peaceful and wild, complete and empty... all of it. I would feel everything. It would all be mine"
-Stephenie Meyer, The Host

10) Who are your favorite authors?
I currently have 7 authors listed as favorites: Karin Slaughter, Karen Rose, Kami Garcia, Susan Ee, Mari Jungstedt, Stephenie Meyer and Carlos Ruiz Zafón

11) Have you joined any groups?
I'm active in the group Books Ever After. It's a Belgian/Dutch bookclub. We read 3 books together every month; a chicklit/contemporary, fantasy/dystophian and thriller/detective. You can decide if you want to read them with the other members or if you skip that month. We also have a yearly series that we read, which is Calendar Girl right now. We have meet-ups and buddyreads. I'm pretty happy to be a part of this club!


That's it for now. I hope to see you on Goodreads! You can find me by clicking the logo.
Happy reading!

Did you do a Goodreads Book Tag? Let me know!

8 comments:

  1. This is the first I am hearing about a book tag. Sounds like a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your reading challenge! I have one too on Goodreads, it's so handy and convenient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a real sucker for challenges, so it keeps me focussed! Good luck with yours :)

      Delete
  3. This tag is really cool! I liked reading your answers. That's really impressive that you can have 5 books going at the same time - I would never be able to remember everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.. They are 5 really different books so it's going pretty well right now :)

      Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for A Court of Wings and Ruin! I need more Rhys in my life. I also don't use half stars in my ratings either. Great tag!
    New Bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Rhys is definitely my bookcrush *sigh*

      Delete

Leave a comment, I love to discuss books and anything else!

~ Esther