Author: Audrey Carlan
Started reading: April 2nd 2017
Finished the book: April 4th 2017
Genres: Erotic, Romance
Published: March 17th 2015
Goodreads score: 4.08
A fiancée. I'm going to Chicago to pretend to be some Italian Stallion's future wife. Why a massive hunk, boxer, and rich restaurateur needs a fake bride is beyond me. Then again, I'm not paid to know why. I'm paid $100,000 to be his escort, or in this case, the woman he's supposedly "going"to marry.
The moment I met Antony "Tony" Fasano, I thought I might have lost my ability to breathe. In my twenty four years of life, I'd not seen anything like him. Clad only in a small towel precariously dangling from his hips - - water droplets streaming down every inch of his muscular frame - - I knew right then and there, I'd finally seen male perfection in all its raw glory.
What happened next blew me away. It was now abundantly clear why he needed me... a fake fiancée.
I don't really know why I still read these books. There is a little part in me that wants some answers to what is going to happen between Mia and Wes. Some part of me feels awful to spend money on these books...
- Wes: Here he is again, my one and only favorite character from this series. I like the fact he is so committed to Mia and the only reason I would keep reading, is to know what happens with him.
- Different: This book was different from January and February where most of the pages are filled with hot steamy sex scenes. There is more feeling to this book.
- Chicago?! So this book is set in Chicago. MY ONE GREAT LOVE. And NOTHING whatsoever reminded me of being in Chicago. Only St. Patricks-day was great festive to think back to, but dayum.. Where is the setting in this book? Navy pier? The bean? Sears Tower? The Museums? Wrigley Field?
- Felt rushed: It felt like Mia was in Chicago for maybe 3 days and the book was finished. I would love to read more about the struggles, feelings and read more conversations between Mia, Hector and Tony.
Okay, guys. So I'm really struggling here. I'm not that person that doesn't finish series, you get me. But there are SO MANY good books that I still want to read.. It feels a bit like wasted time and money, since I'm not really enjoying it. But I also wanna know what happens with Wes and Mia.. You get me?
Other opinions about this book
"Be prepared for a serious book hangover as you embark on a year's worth of sexy heroes and wild ride!"
- Meredith Wild, #1 NYT Best Selling Author
Would you quit a series that you're not enjoying?