Friday, July 14, 2017

Review (SPOILERS): A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3)


Author: Sarah J. Maas
Started reading: July 3rd 2017
Finished the book: July 13th 2017
Pages: 699
Genres: Fantasy
Published: May 2nd 2017
Source: Bought the book
Goodreads score: 4.56
My score:
Synopsis
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's manoeuvrings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees.

But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit - and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well. As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords - and hunt for allies in unexpected places.
In this thrilling third book in the number one New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.





My thoughts
I can say right now, without a doubt that this is my favorite series EVER. I loved every part of it and I don't even know where to begin this review. I am certain that I will definitely re-read this series again and many more times after that!
It's hard for me to explain my feelings without spoilers, so beware, if you have not read this book, DO IT NOW. And then come back to share your opinion with me!

Pros
  • Characters: I love Rhysand and Feyre, but the strong part are all the characters around them. The other High Lords from the different courts, Nesta and Elain and Rhysand's inner circle add so many layers to the story. The characters are well thought through and their personalities shine through in every way you can think of. I've never read a book with so many characters, where I was able to remember them all and to picture them vividly.
  • Storyline: THE BEST throughout this whole series. The storyline keeps you triggered all the time, so many things going on, so many questions. The things Sarah J. Maas wrote in previous books keep clicking back into place when you re-read the books or when you discover new things. I cannot believe that a person made this all up, it's GENIUS! I never doubted the storyline or the choices that were made for a moment.
  • Emotions: This book... Especially the final part of the book has SO many emotions. Every ending of a chapter gave me a different emotion at a certain point in this book. From surprise, to anger, to fulfillment, to surprise again, to tears, back to happiness. I LOVED IT! So many things were going on, so many great choices were made and I loved the fact that all the "loose ends" were tied together in the end.
  • Conversations: Definitely my favorite part in these books. Since the personalities of the characters are so strong, the conversations are a blast to read. Especially Rhys and his inner Circle, who keep teasing each other throughout the book, but also the conversations between Rhys and Feyre are so strong and full of emotion. My favorite part of this book was the meeting with all the High Lords! I loved the tension and the fact that Tamlin showed up and Feyre showed them all how strong she was, as well as Azriel, who made a remark to not forget about him during that meeting. YAY!
  • Ending: Although I'm very sad that I have to leave my beloved characters behind, I feel like the ending was satisfactory. I know I can leave them behind with a feeling of peace in my heart. They will take care of themselves and eachother. I'm very happy that the series gets even more books, but I'm also sad that Feyre and Rhys and all those other awesome characters, are not a part of that.... 
Cons
Nope, I won't.

Overall
The best, the best, the best. MY FAVORITE EVER! I loved this so much. I can't thank Sarah J. Maas enough. So glad that I started reading this series a year ago and I loved EVERY PART of it. I never doubted the characters, the choices, the plot twists. It made me laugh, cry, pout, shiver, and everything in between. Just. So. Good.

Other opinions about this book
"This fast-paced and explosively action-packed finale will certainly grab audiences... Fans will eagerly follow the conclusion to Feyre's story while looking forward to the next crop of stories from Prythian."
- Booklist

Memorable quotes from this book
"War would linger with me long after it had ended, some invisible scar that would perhaps fade, but never wholly vanish.
But for my home, for Prythian and the human territory and so many others...
I would clean my blades, and wash the blood from my skin.
And I would do it again and again and again."

"Only you can decide what breaks you, Cursebreaker. Only you."

"What we think to be our greatest weakness can sometimes be our biggest strength."

I'm very curious what you think about this series and if you've read this book already!