Monday, September 4, 2017

Mystery Blogger Award

Yay! Hi there!
Today I'm doing the Mystery Blogger Award. 
I was nominated by the awesome Hanna, from Hanna Reads, thanks so much for the nomination. Drop by to see her awesome blog as well.


For the ones who don't know what the Mystery Blogger Award is;
"Mystery Blogger Award" is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Okoto Enigma, the creator of this award




Rules

  • Put the award logo/image on your blog
  • List the rules
  • Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
  • Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
  • Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
  • You have to nominate 10-20 people
  • Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
  • Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
  • Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Me
  • I'm currently training to run a Night-Run with colours and music in Rotterdam which is 8km and in October. After that I hope to run a 15km run, over 7 high hills in Nijmegen, also in The Netherlands. I'm doing this together with the head of my Primary School and we run after school when the classes are over! It's so much fun to run together with someone and have a goal to work towards.
  • I'm moving on October 2nd! I'm currently living in quite a "new" town in The Netherlands, but I bought a house in one of the oldest cities! I love it so much, with the old houses and the lovely city square, parks and cafes! The house that I bought is actually built in 1910 and renovated in 2016. It has a FIREPLACE, guys! I can't wait to buy a great lounge chair and put it next to the fireplace and read there in winter.
  • I'm collecting a never-complete a set of dishes from the brand "Blond Amsterdam". It's actually a tradition with one of my best friends to gift each other something from this set every year on our birthdays! (see picture below, it's a mug I got from one of the kids in my classroom).

Questions from Hanna

Do you eat or drink while you're reading?
I usually drink tea/coffee or water while I'm reading. I sometimes read while eating dinner when I'm alone as well. It's depending on the time of the day. If I decided to eat and I want to read as well, I'll combine the two. I never eat because I'm reading, it's more that I read because I just don't want to put the book away!

What's the format you prefer with your books? And why?
It depends. I like hardcover best. You don't have to hold it and can put it in your lap and you have your hands free to do whatever (pet your cat). When I'm in bed and I don't feel like going out to turn off the light, I like my Kindle better, so I can read in the dark (I have backlight on it).

What got you into reading?
I think that was my mum. We used to go to the library when I was younger and I remember always taking 6 books (the max) and sometimes even borrowing my sisters and mothers card to get more books. I stumbled upon a box that I packed when I was younger and it was full of books as well! So I got a lot of books as presents :)

Do you prefer complete silence while reading or do you need some background noise?
I don't like other people talking/laughing, it distracts me! I love some music in the background so it's not totally silent.

#1 Bookish Pet Peeve?
I had to look this up, I had no idea what it meant! I found a site that said that it's silly things that drive you crazy about books, so that's the one I'll go with! One thing I really want is series to match in my bookcase, and I hate it when the covers don't match, or even worse; when 1 of the books has a different size. AARGH! I just love me a beautiful bookseries...



My Nominees
Please don't feel like this nomination is a MUST. Just participate if you like, and don't if you don't want to! Also; I'm sorry if you already were nominated once.

Tracy & MC - Cornerfolds
Anth - Bibliotales

My Questions For You
  • If you could recommend me one book that I would HAVE TO READ one day, which one would it be?
  • What's the last book that made you cry so hard?
  • What's the last book that made you laugh so hard?
  • What book/bookseries are you most proud to have on your shelves?
  • What's the last book that you DNF?
My best post(s)
I chose the 3 most popular posts from my archive:

  

Thanks once more to Hanna for nominating me! I loved writing this post and nominating others. Thanks for reading, and see you soon!